Continental Platform Development Engineer for Motorcycle VED (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Platform Development Engineer for Motorcycle VED (Iasi)
We develop the future of highly advanced braking technology for all vehicle types. It can be used in vehicles ranging from small cars to transportation vehicles, and even motorcycles.
Our electronic brake systems feature a high capacity for integrating functions and system components, offering shortest possible braking distance by ABS, stability by RLP (rear wheel liftoff protection) and by OBC (optimum braking curve) and comfort by MHG (motorcycle hold and go) .
We are looking for highly motivated Platform Development Engineer for Electronic Brake Systems.
Challenges of the job:
• Definition and development of platform product family strategy, architecture and components;
• Analyze, engineer, elicit and refine the requirements of the product needed by the development discipline teams (e.g.: Software, Hardware, Mechanical);
• Reviewing and getting the agreement of the system requirements from all contributors;
• Participates to the reviews and to the release of the discipline architecture (SW, HW, MD);
• Definition of platform features and requirements to the products;
• Coordination of implementation of platform configurations and set of features into products;
• Decomposition of the platform into sub-systems (features, modules, components);
• Follows and assures the safe and reliable interaction of configured features and sub-systems within a product;
• Coordinate feasibility studies for implementing of a new feature in a platform;
• Perform analyses and benchmarking activities of existing automotive products for performance, architecture and costs.
• University degree (i.e. Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics, Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics…);
• Relevant experience in automotive development, actuation systems experience is a plus;
• System engineering knowledge, with focus on architecture in either of the following areas: mechanics, motor control, power electronics or sensors - is a plus;
• Technically minded eager and desired to understand the products and key drivers (from all disciplines: mechanics, electronics and software) for technological development of the platform;
• Strong entrepreneurship as basis for a self-determined working style;
• A team player with highly communication skills and stakeholder management abilities;
• Capable of working with cross-functional international teams.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)