Continental Software Developer in Guadalajara, Mexico
As part of our diverse global agile team you will play a key role in the development of embedded solutions supporting cost reduction of vehicles devices. You will be taking ownership of key aspects of product development and drive high quality deliveries.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to influence the development of products including:
• Body Computer Modules
• Wireless Modules (controlling vehicle access and start)
• Motion Controls Modules (e.g. Seat Modules, Trailer Break Modules…)
• In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence engineering experts of tomorrow by coaching and mentoring other Value Creators.
• Drive the software team to achieve the project goals in terms of scope, timing, and quality
• Plan and track software deliveries and related activities according to the program milestones
• Supervise the complete embedded software development lifecycle with the goal of creating a scalable and optimized software systems
• Ensure software is developed following proper development process, limiting unnecessary overhead
• Identify necessary roles and define adequate project organization
• Prepare project status reports for periodic reviews with management
• Drive communication with program manager, other disciplines, and customer to discuss and eliminate roadblocks
• Lead the technical discussion with suppliers
• Perform software releases
• Timely identification of risks and problems during the development, implementing countermeasures to reduce the impact
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer science, Computer engineering or similar
• Minimum 6 years of experience in automotive industry
• Minimum 6 years of experience in embedded software development
• Experience leading a team of software engineers
• Strong software project management skills (planning, assigning, and monitoring team tasks)
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)